1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more to taste
3 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, or more to taste
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1 egg, beaten until frothy
1. Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until onion is translucent and carrots begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir peas, garlic, curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric, paprika, oregano, and cumin into the pot; cook until combined, about 2 minutes. Add extra coconut oil as needed. Stir in ground beef; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
3. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Combine drained cauliflower, butter, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Mash with an immersion blender until smooth.
6. Spread beef mixture evenly in a large casserole dish. Cover with mashed cauliflower. Brush beaten egg lightly on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 10 minutes. Turn on oven broiler; cook until top is browned in places, about 5 minutes.