1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet potato, diced
1 pound sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup torn kale leaves
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon dried thyme, or to taste
1 green onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
4. Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the same skillet until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and kale; cook until kale softens, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to the bowl.
5. Whisk eggs, water, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion.