1/2 onion, minced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tangerine juice
1/3 cup coconut aminos (soy-free seasoning sauce)
1/3 cup coconut oil
4 green onions, sliced into rounds
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon vinegar
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 cup string beans, trimmed, or to taste
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 zucchini, spiralized
2 carrots, shredded
1. Whisk minced onion, water, tangerine juice, coconut aminos, 1/3 cup coconut oil, green onions, garlic, ginger, vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Place chicken in a separate bowl and pour 1/2 of the marinade over chicken.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add string beans and broccoli; cook uncovered until broccoli turns bright green, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and immediately run under cold water for several minutes until cold. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to bowl with beans and broccoli, reserving ghee in skillet.
4. Cook and stir sliced onion in the ghee until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer onion to the bowl with mushroom mixture.
5. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Heat a cast iron grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to mushroom mixture.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a separate skillet over high heat; cook zucchini and carrots, using tongs to toss zucchini, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushroom mixture, marinade from chicken, and reserved marinade to skillet; cook and stir until simmering and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.